Friday, February 19, 2010

Spending The Day At The Museum

"We're not trying to do School at Home. We're trying to do homeschool. These are two entirely different propositions. We're not trying to replicate the time, style or content of the classroom. Rather we're trying to cultivate a lifestyle of learning in which learning takes place from morning until bedtime 7 days each week. The formal portion of each teaching day is just the tip of the iceberg”. -Steve and Jane Lambet



For our anniversary, I really wanted to go to the art museum. Especially since the current exhibition was the gilded age era. Since my boys are artists themselves, they enjoyed the museum as well. Some of the paintings were truly remarkable! The museum was originally a Victorian mansion built in 1872. I enjoyed the beautiful architecture, design and rich colors throughout the mansion almost if not more than the paintings themselves. The beautiful crown molding, stair case and lighting was extraordinary. There were lots of Biblical paintings there as well and I truly was pleased to see that. I loved so many of the paintings, it was hard to pick which one was my favorite. They were all so beautiful.





















2 comments:

Julie said...

Great pictures! I've been tossing the around the idea of taking my daughter to the art museum in Portland, and this has really inspired me to actually do it! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! :)

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

What a beautiful museum! Loved your pictures of the exhibits. I love art museums too and often seem to enjoy the buildings themselves as much as the art collection. I have host a Field Trip Friday meme on my blog the 1st Friday of each month if you'd like to stop by and share some of your field trips. http://www.thetravelingpraters.com/2010/10/field-trip-friday-guidelines.html#