Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our First Day Of School

We really enjoyed our first day of school! I am SO excited about using My Father's World! Here are a few highlights from our first day!



Jonah is eating Oreo cookies representing dark and light.













Jonah is making his Day 1 Creation page.










Here he is using his ABC chart to learn the alphabet.










Jonah cut out his Creation number after his Bible lesson










Cainen is making his United States History Notebook















Here is his finished notebook!












I made an accordion style timeline that Cainen will use for our history studies this year.







Cainen is adding the "New Heavens & Earth" at the end of the timeline.











Here he is coloring one of the timeline pictures.














My Father's World recommended making a patriotic snack! The boys enjoyed making this cake together.


























































































Here is our Red, White and Blue treat!

6 comments:

Isabel said...

I love it! I can't wait to show the girls tomorrow. It's so much fun to be doing the same curriculum. I wish I had made the cake. The pudding with strawberries and blueberries I had for them wasn't a big hit. I'll post some first day pictures tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

What a great 1st day!

Julie said...

You just reminded me again why I love MFW so much! Your boys are adorable and they look like they are having SO much fun! Here's to a brand new year of fun and learning! And yes...those two things CAN go together! :)

Sarah said...

Great photos! I love the oreo idea for light and dark. ;)

Shannon said...

Just found you through the MFW Blog Roll and will follow. I am also schooling a K and and ADV, but we are supposed to start this coming week (dependents upon whether we recover from the flu). I love the Oreo idea.... now I need to run to the store for that! LOL! So cute! I am liking your accordian timeline, also. I have been trying to decide where on earth to put it on the wall, but maybe I will just do an accordina timeline that can be in the notebook's front pocket to pull out. We are going to make jello parfaits with cubed and layering the jello with Redi-Whip for a little different spin. Thanks for posting all this!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the look on your son's face as he enjoys the Oreo cookie! Cute!